Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blog will be continuing

I apologize. I have been absent for some time, but am now back to continue the work I have begun on this blog.
The major interruption to my life has been, of course, the copy-editing of my now completed manuscript.
My editor has been working on the manuscript, telling me what I need to change and correcting punctuation, spelling and a myriad of other items -- including my writing style (everyone has a writing style).
But she has also requested changes in arrangement of chapters, or re-organization of some chapters, and that has been a lot of work.
It has taken some time -- looking back, it has taken months!
The proposal for the manuscript has been submitted to a publisher for consideration.
Don't get excited yet -- the manuscript will be rejected by a few publishers before it is accepted.
This is the beginning of the long, slow, process of getting a book published.
Wish me luck, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment